Cyber Criminals uploaded around 130 malicious Android apps on Google play store that mimics as various well-known applications to generate illegal revenue by promoting paid mobile services. Hackers distributing malicious trojan file as an official application on the “Eldorado” trade network via Google Play store using other software.
In this case, researchers uncovered two modified version of Trojan from Google Play which displays annoying ads and malicious web pages to paid mobile services. These detected malicious program which including many modified version of Trojan families that infect the victims mobile using various social engineering technique and malvertising campaign.
Also, it posed as the official programs of bookmaker companies, including “Olymp”, “Most bet”, “Fonbet”, “Liga stavok”, “1xBet, “Winline”, and others.
While download these apps, Follow these security tips and Android will become a much more secure and reliable mobile operating system.
- Disable app downloads from unknown sources.
- Upgrade to latest Android.
- Download an anti-malware app and always scan before and after installing
- Check for reviews with respect to source and authenticity.
- Do not connect to unsecured, unknown Wi-Fi networks.