Realising the importance of cryptography and cryptanalysis, India has embanked upon several exercise to create the capacity and capability in this area.
While this course would dwell on the foundations of cryptography and cryptanalysis, it will also focus on contemporary topics for Research and Development. The ISEA members who attend this will surely benefit and help in forming the network of researchers in this area.
Course Contents: Cryptography (16 Lectures)
The following topics will be covered
- Information-theoretic cryptography, motivation and limitations
- Hardness assumptions and number-theory background
- One-way functions: definitions
- Construction of one-way functions from number-theoretic assumptions.
- Secret Key Encryptions and Pseudorandom Generators
- Message Authentication and Pseudorandom Functions
- Garbled Circuits and Yao's Two-party Computation
- Oblivious Transfer and Extensions
- Pairing-Based Cryptography
- Introduction to pairing-based cryptography
- Identity-Based Encryption
- Attribute-Based Encryption/Predicate Encryption
- Digital Signature
- Cryptanalysis - Theory and Practice
- Mathematical and Computational Aspects
- Number theoretic and algebraic hard problems
- Current Challenges
Faculty members of degree level engineering colleges recognized by AICTE are eligible to attend the course.
Online registration will be available on isea-pmu.in from April 24, 2017.
There is no registration fee for the course. All short-listed candidates are required to confirm their participation by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 2000/- in the name of “Registrar, IISc Bangalore”.
The above amount will be refunded to the participant if he/she attends the course. In case a participant does not attend the course, the above amount will be forfeited.
Kindly also download the brochure and send the duly filled registration form
by Speed Post to
Mr. K P Raghuraman
Supercomputer Education and Research Centre
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore – 560 012
Email : email@example.com
- Prof. C E Venimadhavan
- Dr. Arpita Patra
- Dr. Bhavana Kanukurthi
- Dr. Sanjit Chatterjee
Last date for submission of online registration from on http://isea-pmu.in/event-registration-public?event_no=1179 : May 05, 2017
Confirmation of participants by email : May 09, 2017
Course commencement date : May 29, 2017.
Scanned copies of Registration form with signature of Head of College/ Institute can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop on Cryptography
Supercomputer Education and Research CentreIndian Institute of Science Bangalore - 560 012
Registration Status :
Workshop / Event co-ordinator Detail
Raghuraman K P