ISEA sponsored International Bilateral Collaboration Program
Course Title: Privacy Enhanced Location-based Services (and IoT Security)
Host: Prof. Dhiren R Patel, NIT Surat, India
Visiting Faculty: Prof. Ramakrishna Thurimella, University of Denver, CO, USA
Venue: Seminar Hall, Computer Engineering Department, NIT Surat
Course timings: Everyday three sessions during 27-31 March 2017
Session I – 1230 - 1330, Session II – 1600 - 1745, Session III – 1800 – 2000 hrs
About the Course: The course is delivered by Prof Ramakrishna Thurimella, Professor Department of Computer Science and Director, Colorado Research Institute for Security and Privacy (CRISP) from University of Denver, Colorado at SVNIT Surat between 27th – 31st March 2017.
These course explores various ways the major service provides such as Google, Facebook, etc. are collecting massive amount of private data without the user’s knowledge. Majorly, the course will emphasis on demonstration of trade-off between quality of service of the location-based services and the user’s privacy, and thus putting the user to determine how much privacy is desired. Location based services is typically accessed using smart phones are very useful and are gaining enormous popularity nowadays. Along with their adoption and increased utilization comes the increased risk to several attempts have been made by the research community. The concepts of this course are related to the confidentiality and availability, two of the three main pillars of cyber security. The one week course on Privacy Enhanced Location-based Services along with IoT Security and Secure App Development Life Cycle delivered to students and researchers and other interesting candidates from Government departments, industries.
A complementing expert lecture on “Deep Learning” is delivered by Dr. Sunayana Sitaram, Post Doc at Microsoft Research, Bangalore.
Certificate requirement: 80% Attendance, Post Assessment Test
1. Course Overview and Motivation
2. Location Privacy approaches
3. Getting the phone to lie intelligently
4. Local search with noisy location
5. Continuous location Privacy
6. Privacy-preserving record linkage
7. Secure App development life cycle: inception, test, release to maintenance
8. Improving the understanding of objective-oriented paradigm, UIs, persistence, and networking concepts
9. Exploiting Service Similarity
10. Inferring trip destinations from driving habits
11. Common vulnerabilities in IoT
12. Zigbee in detail
13. IoT Economics
14. Data Science and Machine Learning Tools for Secure IoT Applications
15. Case Studies: Smart Agriculture and Building Access control
16. Lab sessions
International Bilateral Collaboration Program (Location Based Service and IoT Security)
Computer Engineering Department NIT Surat India..
Registration Status :
Workshop / Event co-ordinator Detail
Prof Dhiren Patel