Name of the Group: IT Group
Name of the Course: Advanced Diploma in Information System Security - Basics
Course Code: SW601
Starting Date: 19th October 2016
Duration: 12 Weeks
Preamble: Business @ the speed of thought has moved from a buzzword to a business reality owing to the integration of business and technology. Digital infrastructures and information networks have become central to any business activity. The information residing on these computers, networks and in cloud are an essential asset and due care should be taken for its security. The impact of any loss of this asset or any downtime of the infrastructure is quite high with the proliferation of easy-to-use tools and open how-to-discussions, the number of people aiming to hack in to or bring down the network is high, both in this country and abroad. Hence, there is a need for heightened security measures to protect both infrastructure and data.
Objective of the Course: The Course is a 12 weeks program aimed at molding candidates to Skilled Information System Security knowledge to maintain the Security of Systems and Networks in today’s scenario.
Outcome of the Course: This skill-oriented course provides candidates with information required for configure and administration of OS Server, Networks, Database, Wireless & its Security and equip them with the skills required to protect & recover the computer systems & networks from various security threats in dedicated or virtual environment.
|Course & Modules Name
|SW601: Advanced Diploma in Information System Security - Basics
||Computer Fundamentals and Computer Networks with Practical
|Operating System Administration with Practical
|Information Security Concepts with Practical
|System Security with Practical
|Mini Project in Basic Security
- Course Fees :
General Candidates: Course Fee is ` 26,000/- Including Service Tax
SC/ST Candidates: Tuition Fees/Examination fees are waived for SC/ST students admitted under SCSP/TSP. However they are required to remit an amount of ` 2600/- as Advance caution/Security deposit. This amount will be considered as caution/security deposit and will be refunded after successful completion of the course. If the student fails to complete the course successfully this amount along with any other caution/security deposits by the student will be forfeited.
- Registration Fee: An amount of `1000/- should be paid at the time of registering for the course. The same will be considered as caution deposit on student joining the course. This advance deposit will not be refunded for a selected candidate who does not join the course.
- Course Fee Installment Structure:
Students can pay the full fees of ` 26,000/- in advance or as installments as given below
||*Amount for General
|Amount for SC/ST Candidates
||Due Date (on or before)
||` 2600/- (refundable after successful completion of course)
(if advance deposit paid) else ? 26000/-
* Above fees is inclusive Service Tax @ actuals (15%) and revision if any will be applicable at the time of payment.
** Advance fee - After publication of first selection list, the students in the first selection list have to pay the Advance Deposit within one week to take the provisional admission. Students in the additional selection should pay both Advance and First installment fee together on or before counseling day
Fine will be applicable to late fee payment as given below
||Late fee payment within two weeks after due date
||18% (annually) of the outstanding dues
||After second week of due date the candidate has to pay readmission fees along with the fine
||Readmission fee `250/- plus fine of 18% (annually) of the outstanding dues
||The candidate has to discontinue the course after third week from the due date
- Eligibility: Diploma in IT/Electronics/ECE Passed OR NIELIT ‘A’ Level or Any Graduate in CS/Electronics/IT with mathematical back ground OR B.Tech. (CS/IT/Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation) undergoing (Final Year Students may also apply)
- Number of Seats: 40
- How to Apply: Students are advised to apply online or in the prescribed Application Form available with the course brochure/course prospectus or downloaded from our website. Filled-in application forms along with a Demand Draft (or proof of payment through any of the following modes) towards advance fee of Rs.1,000/- drawn in favour of Director, NIELIT, Calicut, Payable at State Bank of India, NIT Campus Branch (code: 2207), Chathamangalam should be sent to the Training Officer, NIELIT, P. B. No. 5, NIT Campus Post, CALICUT – 673 601, Kerala. The Name of the Course Applied for should be super scribed on the top of the cover in which the application form is forwarded.
Rs.1000/- will be considered as refundable caution deposit on student joining the course. This advance deposit will not be refunded for a selected candidate who does not join the course.
Modes of Payment: The course fee can be paid by one of the following methods as per your convenient.
||Demand Draft to be drawn in favor of Director, NIELIT, Payable at State Bank of India, Calicut NIT Branch (2207). The DD should reach here before the last date to apply.
||Through any branch of SBI (where this format is accepted) using the pay in slip available in our web site. The original counterfoil should reach here before the last date to apply.
||The fees can be paid directly into our account from any bank where core banking facility is available. The details required for direct payment are as given below.
The depositor should obtain the UTR Number/Journal No from the branch while depositing cash directly into our account. Depositor should also obtain the counterfoil duly filled up and signed by the staff with seal of the bank through which the amount was deposited. The following details should reach here before the last date to apply.
- Savings Account No: 31329537747
- Bank Name: SBI, NIT Chathamangalam
- Bank Code: 2207
- IFSC No: SBIN0002207
- MICR : 673002012
- Name of the Depositor
- Name of the Student
- Date of Payment
- Amount Deposited
- Name of Bank/branch through which amount deposited
- Purpose – Course ID – Advance Deposit/Hostel Rent/Installment Fee etc.
- Proof of Deposit (counterfoil/acknowledgement in original)
- UTR Number
||The fees can be paid through the SBI Collect Payment Gateway as well:
- Please click the SBI Collect hyper link to enter the payment gateway.
- Select State of Corporate/Institution as Kerala
- Select Type of Institution Educational Institutions and click on Go button
- Select Educational Institutions Name as NIELIT and click Submit button
- Select Payment Category as Course Fee
- Enter all the fields including amount payable and follow the instructions
The following details should reach here before the due dates.
- Name of the Depositor
- Name of the Student
- Date of Payment
- Amount Deposited
- Purpose – Course Name:
- UTR Number
Point of Sale (POS)/Card Swiping Machine facility is available at Accounts section for the purpose of remittance of amount dues to the Centre.
As of now, there may not be any additional charge for usage of SBI / SB Group’s Debit/ATM Cards, while making payment. However there could be additional charges (up to 2% of payment) for cards of other banks depending on the policy of the card issuing bank/type of card.
The Institute will not be responsible for any mistakes done by either the bank concerned or by the depositor while remitting the amount into our account.
- Selection of candidates: Selection of candidates who have passed in the qualifying examination will be based on their marks in the qualifying examination subject to eligibility and availability of seats.
The admission to the course shall be based on the following criteria:
- Should have passed the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
- The list of selected students shall be published in our web site. Individual call letters by email or SMS will be sent to the candidates.
- The admission for the selected students shall be confirmed only after verifying their original certificates. The verification of certificates for such candidates shall be on the date of counseling.
- Test/Interview: Not applicable
- Counseling/Admission : 19th October 2016
- Spot Admission: If spot admission is open, spot admission will close within 15 days of Counseling/Admission of a particular course. On spot admission students should provide an undertaking saying that he/she is fully aware that he/she missed so much days of class and will not ask for extra classes or further extension of course.
Students who have been selected for test/interview/counseling/admission are required to report to the Institute on the prescribed day by 9:30 hrs along with the following
- Admission Procedure :
1. Original and attested Copies of Proof of Age, Qualifications, etc
2. One passport size photograph and one stamp size photograph for identity card.
3. SC/ST Certificate (Original and attested copies, if applicable)
4. Income Certificate (Original and attested copy, if applicable)
The students on reaching the Institute are required to meet the Front Office Councilor (FOC). The FOC then directs the student to the Course Coordinator. The student gets the certificates and enrollment form verified by the Course Coordinator and then meets the FOC who shall direct the student to the Accounts for payment of fees. A student is thus admitted, attested copies of all documents shall be handed over to the Course Coordinator.
- Discontinuing the course: No fees (including the caution deposit) under any circumstances, shall be refunded in the event of a student discontinuing the course. No certificate shall be issued for the classes attended.
A student can however, be eligible for module certificates (applicable only for courses which provide for modular admission) which he has successfully completed provided, he/she has paid the entire course fees. This is not applicable to SC/ST candidates availing fee concession. SC/ST candidates availing fee concession are eligible for module certificates only after completing the full course with required attendance
- Course Timings : 9.45 A.M to 01.00 PM and 02.00 PM to 5.00 PM [Monday – Friday]
NIELIT Calicut is located very close to NIT campus and is about 22Kms from the Calicut (Kozhikode) city. A number of buses (Buses to NIT via Kunnamangalam) are available from "Palayam Bus Stand and KSRTC Bus Stand". The bus stop at our Institute is called "Panthrand" and is one stop before NIT. The bus fare is around ` 17/- from Calicut City to NIELIT.
- Location and how to reach :
Calicut (Kozhikode) is well connected by Rail, Road and Air form different parts of the country. The maximum and minimum temperatures range between 350C and 20oC.
- Course enquiries: Students can enquire about the various courses either on telephone or by personal contact between 9.15 A.M. to 5.15 P.M. (Lunch time 1.00 pm to 1.30 pm) Monday to Friday.
Office 0495 - 2287266 / 2287268
Director’s Office 0495 - 2287123
Training Officer 0495 – 2287266
SW601 Course Coordinator 0495 – 2287266 (239)
Office Fax 0495 - 2287168
- Important Dates (if applicable) :
Last date to apply online/offline with Reg. fee07th October 2016
Date of Selection list publication07th October 2016
Last date to pay the advance fee (Rs. 10,000/-)14th October 2016
Counseling/Admission19th October 2016
Last date to pay the first installment19th October 2016
Commencement of classes20th October 2016
- Placement: Placement support will be provided, almost all the eligible students placed/working in Cisco, AT&T, Citrix, Pricewaterhousescoppers, SISA, HCL, Kane, NTT DATA, Sify and Kuliza Technologies.
An amount of Rs. 3,000/- should be paid as caution deposit (hostel & mess) at the time of joining the hostel which will be refunded/adjusted at the end of the course.
- Hostel facilities: Hostel accommodation is available for boys and girls on monthly or daily chargeable basis. The hostel fee varies from Rs. 1,000 /- to Rs. 1,600/-- (for boys) per month and Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 1,500/- (for Girls) per month depending on the type of accommodation. However, students are required to pay the hostel fees for the duration of the course for which they are seeking admission at the time of joining the course.
- Canteen facilities: Canteen facility is available and students staying in the hostel should pay monthly mess fee of Rs.3000/-. For all inmates, boarding in the mess is compulsory.
An amount of Rs. 1,000/- should be paid as caution deposit to the Canteen Contractor at the time of joining the mess which will be adjusted in the last month mess fee.
- Lab Facilities: The IT Lab is equipped with Intel Xeon Dual Processor based servers from HP,IBM,DELL,HCL, managed gigabit switches and more than 100 networked PCs with internet facility. SaaS, PaaS and IaaS open source cloud servers. A variety of software is available which include various flavors of Windows and Linux Operating Systems like Windows, RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 6/7, RT Linux, OpenStack, CloudStack, OpenVAS/Nesses and various commercial and open source development tools, database and cloud servers.
- Course Contents :
LEVEL - I: BASIC SECURITY (12 WEEKS)
Project: During the 3 weeks project period students are required to Develop/Configure a Cloud/Security Server in any of the areas covered in the course, under the guidance of the faculty. Students can also take up relevant projects from the industry.
- Module – I: Computer Fundamentals and Computer Networks (2 weeks)
- Module – II: Operating System Administration (3 weeks)
- Windows Operating System
- Linux Operating System
- Module – III: Information Security Concepts (2 weeks)
- Module – IV: System Security (2 weeks)
- Module V: Mini Project on Security Basics-Phase-I (3 weeks)
||Analysis & Design
||Testing and Documentation
Advanced Diploma in Information System Security - Basics (CSSA - Level - I)
Registration Status :
Workshop / Event co-ordinator Detail