GTUand NIT Surat announce Faculty development program under ISEA project Phase-II during 8-12 Oct, 2016.This faculty development programme (FDP) is devoted to fundamental theory, recent developments and research outcomes; addressing the related theoretical and practical aspects on cyber security / information security.
Who Can Participate?
The FDP is open for the faculty of Engineering colleges (preferably from CS and IT programs)and MCA colleges.
Selection will be done based on first-cum-first-serve basis (along-with matching background/interests) and the confirmed candidates will be notified. The maximum number of participants will be 70.
How to Register?
Faculty interested inparticipate this FDP can register themselves at the following link before: -3rd Oct, 2016.
- Faculty will receive confirmation on5thOct, 2016on their registerede-mail id.
- Faculty once registered have to attend all FDP sessions.
- Participants have to make stay/accommodation own. Tea and Lunch will be provided all days.
||10:00 – 11:30 Hrs
||Mathematical Background – II, Block Ciphers
||Authentication & Identity Management
||Symmetric Key Cryptography (SKC) and Modern Encryption Techniques
||Public key cryptography (PKC)
||Stream Ciphers and Cipher modes of operations
||Data integrity and Error detection
||Cryptographic Hash Functions
||Application Security – I
||Non repudiation and Digital Certificates
||Network/Web Security – I, SSL, TLS, Firewall
||Network Security – II, IDS, Honey pot
||Application Security – II
||Side Channel Attacks
||Evaluation and Closing
Tea breaks – 11:30 to 11:45 and 15:30 to 15:45; Lunch break – 13:00 to 14:00 everyday
- Dr.Dhiren Patel, NIT Surat
- Dr. Manoj Gaur, MNIT, Jaipur
- Dr.Sankita Patel, NIT Surat
- Prof. Bharat Buddhadev, SSEC Bhavnagar
- Dr. ParvezFaruki, SSEC Bhavnagar
- Dr.BhaveshBorisaniya, SSEC Bhavnagar
- Dr.ParagRughani, GFSU
- Prof. Darshan Patel, GTU