Data Analytics & Big Data
The theoretical and practical mix of the “Data Analytics & Big Data” course has the following objectives:
- To learn the fundamental concepts of Statistics
- To learn the basics of programming on R tool
- To use advanced analytical tools/decision making tools/operation research techniques to analyse the complex problems and get ready to develop such new technological advancement. (R, Weka etc.)
- To learn the fundamental for preparing of dataset for analysis.
- To learn and understand the concepts of machine learning & data mining algorithms
- To explore the fundamental concepts of big data analytics
- To develop indepth knowledge and understanding of the big data analytics domain
- To learn and analyse the big data using intelligent techniques
- To understand the applications using Map Reduce Concepts
- To analyse and solve problems conceptually and practically from diverse industries, such as government manufacturing, retail, education, banking/finance, healthcare and pharmaceutical.
- To undertake consulting projects with significant data analysis component for better understanding of the theoretical concepts from statistics, economics and related disciplines